Our Shop Mechanics support Rental One by diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on a variety of gas, propane, and diesel-powered heavy equipment of the Company’s rental fleet. The success of this position ensures our customers receive top of the line service to repair equipment to get the job done.
Do you see yourself as a highly accountable perfectionist who is strong task focused? If so, apply now! You are the process-oriented team member we seek.
We rent the best equipment in Texas. Period.
Being the best means serving our customers with excellence every day. Our team of rental equipment professionals are committed to providing our customers the best equipment and most reliable service in the industry.
Why work at Rental One? We are a family-owned and operated company with three generations of high-integrity leadership and unmatched experience. That means we not only provide stability and growth, but also genuine concern for our employees in an environment that you can call, “family”.
We believe that good work relies on dependability, integrity, honesty, and teamwork. We are proud of our team members and are always looking for individuals who share our Core Values and want to be part of our story. Being an active part of our story means you will be able to make a personal impact through valued input and innovative customer service in a competitive yet, encouraging environment.
Rental One is proud to offer the following comprehensive benefits package:
Hours: M-F, 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with additional on-call weekend shifts (with advance notice)
Reports to: Store Manager
For application consideration, please complete a brief survey using the following link: Culture Index Survey
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
• Inspect equipment to determine service & repair needs; review all work orders with Service Manager
• Troubleshoot and repair fuel, electrical, hydraulic, and propane systems
• Perform complete repair and overhaul functions, including routine maintenance services for on-the-road vehicles, small tools (electric & gas), and light/heavy equipment ranging from portable generators to 40,000 lb track excavators
• Test & operate equipment post-repair to verify proper function & ensure equipment does not return “Problem Not Fixed”
• Execute daily equipment maintenance according to safety inspection checklists and manufacturers’ documents
• Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear/repair as necessary
• Test components/systems initializing analyzers, gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices
• Document service records
• Complete preventative maintenance, oil changes, and lubricate equipment
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment & attend all store/department safety meetings
• Perform other duties as requested